Products used for the initial treatment phase to transform the skin into leather. QUIMSER produces special products for soaking, preserving, liming, deliming, bating, pickling and basifying agents.
Soaking / Degreasing agents
– Products for soaking, wetting, cleaning leathers. They soften the skin fibers to get it ready for treatments.
– They accelerate the leather processes, improving the soaking-wetting of leathers.
– They accelerate the penetration and distribution of products in the used processes.
– They are very effective to remove the natural leather fat, which is detrimental to get good penetration and ecenness of the products used in all different processes.
– In liming to achieve a clean, open and plain appearance.
– In liming, it improves the penetration and action of liming poducts, grain looseness and helping the reduction of wrinkles and the removal of hair roots.
– This is particularly important to obtain clean, smooth and fine grain.
– In wet-blue to even the differences of leather natural fat and to achieve a high wetting and degreasing level.
Liming / Dehairing
Anti-wrinkle, dehairing agent, liming and sulphur solubilizer.
They accelerate the penetration and lime solubilisation. It helps to reduce lime and sulphur. It permit:
– A best attack of sulphur linkages and hair roots ant its allows to removal the hair, to get clean and finer grain.
– An attack, softening and the relaxation of elastine and nervous fibers, helping to smooth wrinkles and an increase of area.
– The reduction of contamination charge, due it permit a reduccion of lime and sulphur.
Basifying / Masking
The basifying, complexing, masking agents have the aim to fix chrome in a regulated manner, assuring:
– Thorough penetration and chrome fixation in the whole thickness and leather surface.
– pH regulation during the tanning process. At the end of tanning, a proper Ph is achieved.
– No stains caused by the basifying agent.
– Sudden Cr precipitation is avoided due to the use of energetic alkaline products.
– High Cr exhaustion compared to alkaline basifying agents normally used like Carbonates, Bicarbonates, Formates….
– Evenness of wet-blue color resulting from different productions.
– Human mistakes are avoided during the process (addition of product, time, quantity…)
Omplex products have an alkalinity potential duly studied and a delayed action which grants the results detailed above. Omplex products have other advantages in comparison with traditional products, as they form aggregate Cr complexes that provide full hides, finer grain, lighter color and less reactive leather, implying better penetration of retanning agents, fatliquors and dyestuffs. Additionally it allows to reduce the quantity of chrome used in the tanning operation.
Preserving products to prevent the development of fungi and the putrefaction of the skin. The actives substances of products have a wide range of action, covering fungi, bacteria, yeast… All products are water soluble.
The bactericides prevent de damages and losses caused by the funghus and bacteria (putrefaction).
It works during the soaking process, preventing the development of microbial spreads, putrefaction, roots atack and loss of hair or wool. It dosen’t remove any damage caused before of soaking by deficences in the conservation during the storing and transportation of hides. Dossage will depend on the amount of dirt, temperature and soaking time. Usuall 0,05-0,10% in prewash and 0,15-0,25 in soaking (on pelt weight).
The fungicides are highly effective against a wide spectrum of moulds, fungis, bacteria and yeasts.
Wide range of protection for all kind of lethers
Protection of wet raw hides and skins for long time, temperature changes, and long distance transport.
Fungicides are used principally for wet-blue leather protection.
Products that helps us to get, softer, smoother, more elastic, tighter and more compact leathers. The total neutralisation and solubilisation of lime remains, is acheived through acidification with buffing products of slow reaction It forms liming salts easily soluble. Absolutelly recommended and obligued use in thick leathers or without splitting.
The use of non-buffed alkaline salts, make in contact with lime an inmediate neutralisation and superfial neutralisation, having difficulties achieving a deep deliming. The to use of the RESKAL promotes a progresive de-swelling of leather and an optimal action of deliming products. The slow and buffed action of RESKAL enables a total penetration of deliming products inside the leathers. It permits a correct pH ajustment and prepares the leather for a perfect work of bating products.
A bad deliming provoque rest of liming into leather, and in consequence more hard leathers and afterworks problems like:
– Lack or penetration and precipitation of tanning products.
– Penetration problems of tanning products, fatliquors and dyestuff.
– Hardness in internal leather, superficial dry touch. Lask in elesticity and flexometry.
– Use increment of retanning, fatliquors, dyestuff product in order to compensate the hardness and lack penetration of products becasue deficient deliming.
The use of buffed deliming products, like RESKAL, helps us to eliminate lime draws.
Effective enzimatic products that assure an excellent bating..
The bating aim is to break and eliminate the nervous fibers, elastin and others, in order to obtain softer, more elastic and flexible leathers with clean surface.
The optimum bating effect will be reached at Ph= 7,5-8 and temerature of 35-40ºC.
Our bating products are eco-friendly because they are ammonium free.
Noted: We can also prepare special bating products according to your needs of concentration or diluting products.